Sunday, August 2, 2009

Once Upon A Time....

back when i was wonder woman and everything was possible.... back before life slapped me across the face and prescribed me a huge dose of reality, i had a little dream. this dream in my eyes was perfect and everything i thought i ever wanted(i was so shallow.) it consisted of me and my dentist or doctor husband (i'm not picky) with his model/actor good looks and charm. we'd live in a beautiful but humble home on the east side with our adorable, well behaved children. i'd drive a lexus or an audi, something classy but not to flashy. i'd be super mom/wife, crafty, a wonderful cook, an excellent seemstress, a bit of a green thumb, fashion to die for and yet still down to earth.....

fast forward about 7.5 years and...... well it's still just me, i still have a dream, just slightly altered. life hasen't quite taken me where i planned.... there were a couple detours, a few pot holes and some heavy construction(major traffic jams). i've had to back track and even find my way a few times when i've gotten lost. it's been beautiful, tragic, inspiring, heartbreaking, lonely, emotional, captivating, etc.. if i could change it, would i? Absolutly not..... i've grown, i've been inspired, i've learned to believe and trust in myself. i've grown up a bit and realized that life is more then the pretty car and the designer jeans(i still love me of good pair of those though, i'm only human.) it's about loving and being loved, it's about finding joy all around each day, it's in a hug or a smile from a dear one, it's learning you are capable of things you only dreamed of doing, it's about family.... isn't it about time. :) And most importantly it's about going where God wants/needs me to go. i've learned He has a plan for me and because He designed it, it is perfect.... for me. so perhaps i'll trade in my audi for a name tag that reads sister child. and instead of living with my husband on the east side i'll reside with my mission companion in a foreign land(not sure where yet but i'm crossing my fingers for a beautiful tropical island, pray for me..... please.)

i'm excited and nervous for this new chapter in my life. i know this is what i'm supposed to be doing and i cannot wait for it to begin. oh and also i can't wait for the awesome clothes i'm going to get to wear(long floral dresses anyone?) The husband and kids will come one day(and probably a mini van... tear, no lexus.) If i'd gotten what i wanted i think i'd be unhappy. so when it all comes down it i am grateful for the experiences i've had and i know that when my dream does happen i'll be much more content. so here's to serving and new adventures that await!!!

try not to be jealous of my future attire...

p.s. couldn't sleep so why not blog... it's 4 in the morning so please forgive my ramblings....

p.p.s. i'm going to try to be better at blogging because let's be honest twice a year just wasn't cutting it. oh and i will never drive a mini van (sorry just can't do it) it will probably be a cross over of some sort. love ya all!!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Yeah Kimmie I am soo happy for you. Its strange how life doesn't turn out how we imagined it would when we graduated high school. You are going to be a great missionary. What an exciting adventure that you have ahead of you. Love ya! (So did you finish your papers yet?)